In accordance with the requirements under the Health and Safety at Work etc, Act 1974, The Management of health and Safety at Work Regulations 1992 and The Construction (Design and management) Regulations 2015, it is the policy of G A Building services under the direction of the chief Executive, as far as is reasonably practicable to:
If the aims of the policy are to be achieved in practice it requires the support and co-operation of all G A Building services staff to fulfil the contents and spirit of the Policy to the best of their ability.
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare at work of all employees.
- Provide and maintain offices, plants and systems of work which are safe and free from risk to health for all employees, clients, visitors and subcontractors.
- Make all arrangements for the safe use, handling, storage, disposal and transport of all substances and equipment and ensure they are free from risks to health.
- Provide adequate information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure the health and safety at work of employees.
- Maintain any place of work in a condition that is safe and free from risks to health, including access to and from that place.
- Provide and maintain a working environment for employees and contractors which is safe and without risk to health and adequate facilities for their welfare at work.
- Encourage joint consultation and participation in improving and promoting health, safety and welfare standards between the management, employees, subcontractors and other such bodies as may be appropriate.
- Conduct the Company’s activities in such a way to ensure that persons not in the Company’s employment, but who may be affected thereby, are not exposed to risks to their health or safety.
- Prevent dangerous emissions from places of work.
- Ensure premises themselves, as well as plant and machinery therein, do not endanger persons using them.
- Comply with the requirements of safety legislation papers and reports approved codes of practice and HSE guidelines.
- State in writing to all employees, subcontractors their appropriate responsibilities to ensure the health, safety and welfare of persons and to prevent property damage.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the Health and Safety Policy, revise as necessary and bring to the attention of the employees and contractors any such revisions.